Safe Deposit Boxes
Every family household has important records. Keeping these records in your home puts them at risk of being destroyed by fire or water, or being stolen. A Safe Deposit Box stores the records that would be difficult or impossible to replace.
At Heritage Bank, we offer a variety of sizes depending on the amount of material you need to store. You can rent jointly with a spouse, child or other person to give them access to your safe deposit box as long as they sign the bank’s rental contract.
Safe Deposit Box rentals are available at all branches except the Willow Knolls location. Many Willow Knolls customers have found that the Peoria Heights branch is a convenient option for their Safe Deposit needs.
We’ve provided a list of recommended items to keep in a safe deposit box. Keep in mind that for the items listed under “copies”, it is recommended that the originals remain in your possession in case an emergency arises (for example, if you need access to them after bank hours or on a weekend or holiday).
What to keep in a Safe Deposit Box:
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Social Security card
- Military records
- Deeds and titles for auto and property
- Video inventory of house
- Investment certificates (stocks, bonds, Treasury securities)
- Valuable coins or jewelry
- Other special papers such as patent and copyrights, leases and notes
- Divorce or other legal papers regarding dissolution of marriage
- Professional license
- Health information (vaccinations, hospitalizations)
- Homeowner’s insurance
- Adoption papers
- Citizenship records
- Service papers
- Will (original should remain with lawyer, also keep copy at home)