Ever wonder if a certain check has cleared or if you received your payroll deposit?
Maybe you want to be sure your balance doesn’t dip below a certain amount?
Heritage Bank Watchdog empowers you to monitor your account in a whole new way. Watchdog is a free notification alert service for Business and Personal Online Banking users. This service allows you to create predetermined email or text notifications for your Checking and Savings Accounts. It is also a useful and powerful tool in the fight against fraud.
You are in control of the types of alerts you receive and the frequency of notifications. You can choose to have alerts sent to your email account or you can have them sent directly to your phone’s email or as a text message. This is a nice complement to our Mobile Banking services.
The following alerts are available for all users that have access to Business Online Banking. It is not available for Special Services.
- Low Balance Alert - Notification sent by email when your balance falls below a specified dollar amount. This alert will only be sent when activity occurs on the account.
- Memo-posted Checking or Savings Credits - Notification sent when any credit(s) including, but not limited to deposits, incoming wires, ACH credits including payroll, and ATM transactions have memo-posted to your account. Watchdog will search for new activity according to the time frame you determine which is set in 30 minute increments.
- Memo-posted Checking or Savings Debits - Notification sent when transactions have memo-posted to your account including but not limited to withdrawals, outgoing wires, ACH debits, ATM transactions and Visa® Check card purchases.
- Memo-posted Large Transactions - This alert will notify you by email if any large transactions have memo-posted to your account throughout the day. You determine the dollar amount and how often Watchdog checks for activity based on 30 minute increments.
- Memo-posted Incoming Wire Transfer - Notification sent by email when an incoming wire transfer has memo-posted to your account. Watchdog will search for new activity according to the time frame you determine.
- Notice of any Check Clear - Notification sent each time any check clears your Checking Account. You do not need to specify check number or amount information.
- Single Check Clear - Notification sent when a specific check has cleared your account. You must input the check number for this alert.
In addition, Broadcast Messages can be sent by Heritage Bank to notify you of upcoming events, closings, fraud alerts, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
You must have either a Checking or Savings Account to use Watchdog.
No, Watchdog is a free service.
A valid email address and and/or Online Banking account are required to use Watchdog. If you use a spam blocker, you should allow emails from addresses using the heritage-bnk.com domain.
Account numbers are masked to protect the full account number. An email will be sent to you from email@example.com. See the example to the left.
While logged into Online Banking, you should see a section entitled "Messages." Click on the appropriate type (checking or savings). This will bring you to a screen that displays all of the alerts you have set up in the past. Click on the number next to the alert that you want to change. This will open the alert so you can make any necessary changes. Once you have changed the information, click "submit". Your alert will be activated when the new alert criteria is met.
While logged into Online Banking, click on the appropriate account type (checking or savings). This will bring you to a screen where all of your alerts are listed. Click "Delete" next to the alert that you want to delete. After a few seconds, the alert will disappear off of the screen.
While logged into Online Banking, you should see a section entitled "Messages." Click on the appropriate type (checking or savings). This will bring you to a screen that displays all of the alerts you have set up in the past. Click on the number next to the alert that you want to change. This will open the alert and will allow you to change the email address. Once the email address has been changed, click "submit". When your alert fulfills, it will be sent to the new email address.
If I use Watchdog, will Heritage Bank of Central Illinois share any addresses I provide with other parties or use them for purposes other than Watchdog alerts?
Notifications are sent each time the criteria set in the alert is met. Some alerts are set up to check current day activity every 30 minutes. Other alerts are set to send after the transactions for the day have posted or a particular check number has cleared the account.
No, Watchdog is not currently available for our Special Services Corporate Online Banking product.
Enter your SMS (Short Message Service) address for your wireless provider. If you are unsure of this address, please contact your wireless provider and they will be able to give you that information.